Yun Wei

Yun Wei
Since we can't take all of you with us...we are sharing our journey through this blog:)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Change in the Air Today:)

Today we had a change happen in Yun Wei. I know there have been some serious prayers being said for Yun Wei this entire trip, but I FELT them today. And Yun Wei did too. At some point --it was like he stopped fighting this. And it changed his whole demeanor. Throughout most of this trip, his body has held so much tension (I don't know how to explain it any better than that) and you could sense it any time you were near him. He was like a storm brewing all the time and you didn't know when it was going to start or end. And all of the sudden...the clouds rolled back and the sun decided to shine for him. And he was asking me for piggy-back rides and looking to me for reassurance and holding my hand for much longer than he had to as we were walking. He had a couple of instances where he got upset, but it was fleeting---he was willing to let it go! And it was truly like finding an oasis of hope after days in the desert.

God is so good---I think there are so many things we are all going to learn in this. I know this will take time and this is just a stepping stone to where God is leading Yun Wei and this family. I also know that this healing process is forcing me to depend on God in a way that will forever change me. Because I can try to fix this on my own--which is NOT going to work--or I can be honest and humble before all of you and God by acknowledging this is SO beyond my strength or Don's. This will take ongoing prayer---seeking God and coming together with all of you in united prayer for our family. It is going to be painful (so far it has been one of the hardest things I have gone through) but God is so faithful and good. He is the calm in the storm...and he calms the storm!!!

God also puts people in your path at just the right time and he gave us this wonderful family that has been quite a blessing to us this week. We have spent much time with them -they are also believers and it has been so awesome to pray with them at meals and share our experience with them. This is their fourth adoption and they have helped us to put many of Yun Wei's struggles in perspective. God knew we would need them!

Please keep him in your prayers. They make such a difference and know that every comment that I read is a sweet blessing to me. I read them all and really cherish them.

PS-We forgot our camera today so no pics:( But the other family got some great ones of Yun Wei that they are supposed to email me today!

Romans 4:20-"No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God; fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised."

3 comments:

  1. Praise God!!! We will continue to lift you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey so good to hear the good news. We will continue to pray for all of you. Love you and thanks so much for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said and cried reading your blog!! It's SO inspiring! You went to college with a friends of mine, Casey and Frank Crumb. Your story is so touching to me. I will continue to pray for wisdom for you and your husband and especially for that new, sweet boy of yours. God bless you for making a difference. Love in Christ!

    ReplyDelete