Yun Wei

Yun Wei
Since we can't take all of you with us...we are sharing our journey through this blog:)

Friday, January 27, 2012

We are in Beijing!!!

After a really long flight--we are here! I thought I would be excited about seeing some of the beautiful sights in China, but I really just want to get to Yun Wei:( Unfortunately, we do not go to his orphanage until Monday. We still are not sure if he has been told about us. I sooooo hope he has at least a little time to prepare.

The longer flight from Detroit to China was only about half full---which was awesome bc we got to spread out and sleep a little. The kids were pumped bc they got to watch some movies that they had not seen. The highlight was definitely when the pilot pulled Donovan and Chloe into the cockpit! They got to sit in the pilot's seat and wear the hat and crack a few jokes back and forth with the pilots. I would say that they truly went out of their way for the kids.

So today we will be touring Beijing, Tianmen Square, Forbidden City, and a Hutong Tour....

While we were flying, I was looking through the book of Isaiah and was so blessed to read a scripture that had been very encouraging to me through this adoption journey. I dated beside it 4/20/2011 because we had gotten updated pics of Yun Wei and I was unsure of how all the money would come in for our adoption at that time. Looking back-it is amazing to see how God moved mountains provide for our adoption. We are so blessed to call Yun Wei our son!!! The promise still speaks volumes to my heart. "Fear not for I am with you, I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you." Isaiah 43:5

Keep us in your prayers---especially for Monday. That is the big day!!!

Nat

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful and inspiring that you guys are doing this-I pray that God be with you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see y'all made it safely. We've been praying. Looking forward to updates, pictures. God bless. - TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for all of you! Thankful you had a good flight and lots of room!! Judy Farmer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I forgot to get on here. I was so wanting to feel connected again in some way. So glad yall are there and all is well. I understand totally about just wanting to see Yun Wei. We all want to know hes with you. I can't wait to have an update on that one. Yall all are on my mind constantly. I keep looking at the world time on my phone to see what time it is there and what yall might be doing. lol. Tell everyone I love them. t2ul.

    ReplyDelete