Yun Wei

Yun Wei
Since we can't take all of you with us...we are sharing our journey through this blog:)

Sunday, January 29, 2012

GOTCHA DAY!

The day is finally here. We leave in less than 2 hours to meet Yun Wei for the 1st time. Chloe and Donovan are sooooo excited-and so are we. A feeling of nervousness has dominated our morning. I thought this was a feeling for the adults, but it must be affecting the kids as well. As we were eating breakfast at the hotel this morning Donovan came around the corner holding "his previous dinner" in his hands..... He wasn't sick before that moment and has been fine since so hopefully it was just a case of the nerves. I think it pretty much grossed everyone out in the banquet hall, though bc he just went right back to eating...lol.

Yesterday, we toured the Great Wall and the kids were quite the spectacle! It seemed like every time we turned around, someone was motioning for Chloe and Donovan to take a picture with them:) I think Chloe's blonde hair just stood out. One sweet lady wanted me to hold her baby and take a picture. Evidently the baby was not as impressed as his mother because he was wailing through the whole thing! So I gave him a quick kiss and handed him back to his momma once the pic was taken;)

We met a family from Missouri yesterday as they joined us for a tour of the Great Wall. This is their 4th trip and they brought their 3 other adopted daughters with them. They joked that each time was their last...this trip was for daughter #4 who is 13 yrs old. I think spending the day with them and watching how beautifully their family fit together was a blessing for us. Their daughters were so happy and well-adjusted...and the parents were certainly blessed by the wonderful gift of adoption.

Thank you for all the prayers--we feel them and we are strengthened in our spirits by them. God is so good. I will share a scripture we read at breakfast this morning (after Donovan's "up-chuck" episode;) "Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you." Isaiah 43:5

And that is exactly what he has done for our family!!!

We love all of you!!!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you all! Will be praying! Love you Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, I can't tell you how excited I am for all of you. Praying. I love you all and can't wait till your return so your whole family will be together again with one added addition, Yun Wei.

    ReplyDelete