Yun Wei

Yun Wei
Since we can't take all of you with us...we are sharing our journey through this blog:)

Sunday, January 29, 2012

This Day is Awesome!!!


We have him with us!!! Surprisingly, I did not cry. And I really thought I would! Our guide took us this morning to the Civil Affairs Office where we were to meet Yun Wei for the first time and I have to say I think we all had butterflies. They sat us down to fill out some paperwork and I guess I was thinking they would announce his arrival or that we would be brought into another room to meet him, so I had relaxed a little and was just focused on filling out the paperwork. Then, all of a sudden the door opens and there he is! Just holding onto his caregivers hand and looking very somber.

The caregiver brought him to me and I noticed he was carrying the family photo album that we sent to him. I gave him a big hug and he let me cuddle him, but he was still very serious. You could tell he was so nervous and even though I knew that it was a normal reaction, my heart just wanted to break for him. I kind of had this panic moment that maybe he would not want to go with us. That he would not ever want us as his family. But I had forgotten how Don can make any kid laugh. For those of you that know Don well...he is just funny and kids just love Don's humor. So Don began to work his magic and on the ride back to the hotel, Don was the only one that could get a smile. And they were BIG smiles!! By the time we got to the hotel, he was happy! Really happy! He had a yo-yo in his pocket that Don had been trying to get from him and he would just smile and hide it from Don. We would laugh and try to get him to show us if he could use the yo-yo. He would shake his head "no". When we got to the hotel, he finally agreed to show his yo-yo skills! And he was really good! What he didn't know is that Don is also good! He finally handed it to Don and he laughed a little bc Don dropped it. But when Don started doing some tricks with it--you should have seen his face!!

We brought out the Nintendo DS, which he totally loves. As well as Chloe's Nook. The kids have been taking turns with it and it seems to be helping the bonding process. He came and gave me a big hug--which felt great bc he was smiling. And he has an AWESOME smile!

We feel this sense of relief now--we know that the days and months ahead will be difficult, but wonderful as well. He fits in already---he really does. And he wants to be here with us--that feels great too!



Keep the prayers coming!!!

10 comments:

  1. I could not sleep thinking of this meeting and wondering about it. I finally decided they are awake they have met him surely they have news for all of us. There are no words to express how I feel at this moment. If time or opportunity presents itself please tell him he has a Grana who can not wait to meet him. It did my heart good to see the three of them playing and him smiling so big. He is beautiful. Seeing him with yall made my heart so full. God is so good. I am so proud he is my grandson. Can't wait to have all of yall together as one. I need to go to bed if I can sleep. I am so excited I don't know if I can even sleep. Yall have a wonderful time. Yall are great parents and he will soon know that. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!! I just shed the tears for you Nat! Love the video! Words can not describe how excited we are for you. And how proud we are of all of you!!!!! You have worked so diligently and are finally there!!!! Feels good doesn't it? We soooo wish we could be there, especially Lucy. She said, "didn't they need me to go with them and help?" :) We look forward to more pics and smiles. Looks like he may be full of them. I am so glad Chloe and Donovan were able to go with you. I think it makes the biggest difference in bonding. Love ya'll!!!! Thanks for taking the time to share your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in tears!!! How precious is he! The video is priceless! God bless y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing!! The girls & I just watched the video and can not wait to see more of you all together. So glad that things went well today...we will keep praying for the adjustments ahead. Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to wear this video out. It has the same effect on me everytime I watch it. I don't think I have anymore tears left and then here they come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just made my day!!!!!!! Cant wait to meet him!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so precious natalie. the boys got a big kick out of the video. thanks for sharing. we are praying for y'all! can't wait to meet him.

    candie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, the Womacks are wearing the video out too!

    I think I've seen it at least 3 times today..and the kids watched it several too.
    We're ALL so excited to meet him and can't wait to have him over with Donovan and Chloe for some treehouse & zipline time!

    Please tell him that he's got lots of friends here that are super excited to meet him!

    Thank you for blogging some for us. It's so wonderful to read the posts.

    BTW, I may just adopt your mother in law! I loved her the first time I met her, and every time I talk with her on the phone, I love her more!

    We want to have meals for you guys when you get home, so if you can find a minute, send me any food restrictions that we need to be aware of. We don't want you guys worrying about cooking...you're bringing your new baby home!!!

    Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete